Opening Day = this Thursday for the Phillies! Excited for baseball season? Well, Citizens Bank Park just got way better because they've added a TON of new stuff for 2019 *not including Bryce Harper ;)
Phillies Executive Vice President David Buck says: "This is a great time to be a Phillies fan! It goes without saying that the improvements we made to our roster this off-season are going to make for a very exciting 2019 season. We also had a productive off-season as it pertains to enhancements at the ballpark. We are confident that our fans are going to really enjoy these improvements and their overall experience at Citizens Bank Park. Together with our partner Aramark, we are proud to reveal our new destinations and menu items.”
Check out all the awesome new fan destinations at Citizens Bank Park including the new Liberty Bell outside the Third Base Gate, a new outdoor beer garden (opening 2 hours before each game!), Shake Shack, the largest Cap Wall in the country, new murals and photo backdrops for all your instagram posts, Questlove's Cheesteak and WAY MORE! Check it all out below all thanks to MLB.com:
• Liberty Bell from Veterans Stadium outside the Third Base Gate. Fans can take photos with the iconic 19-foot high Liberty Bell that was once located atop Veterans Stadium. Newly refurbished, the bell was installed on the 15th anniversary of the historic implosion of the Phillies former home. Other fun facts: the steel and aluminum bell weighs more than 5,000 pounds, covers roughly 270 square feet and features over 300 light bulbs.
• Pass and Stow, featuring an outdoor beer garden, complete with an open-patio concept and backyard type feel. Immediately upon entering the Third Base Gate, fans can enjoy this open-air, food and drink destination. Highlights include:
• Goose Island at the Park outdoor bar featuring a variety of beers, wine and spirits.
• Foundry Pizza, serving brick-oven pizza.
• Smart 4K UHD TVs, fire pits, picnic tables, and a Phillies-etched water feature.
• A family-friendly, indoor sports pub with unique design elements including a retro-inspired Oat Foundry split flap display that will showcase real-time score updates, as well as memorable imagery celebrating Phillies and Philadelphia history.
• Opens two hours before the start of each home game, and will remain open until post-game.
Pass and Stow is an historic nod to the Liberty Bell, which is part of the Phillies brand and logo. The name is derived from the two Philadelphia foundry workers, John Pass and John Stow, who recast the original bell in 1753, and whose names are inscribed on this important piece of American history.
• For the first time, Shake Shack is bringing its sit-down restaurant experience to a sports venue. Adjacent to Pass and Stow, this popular modern-day "roadside" burger stand will serve its classic burgers, crinkle-cut fries, hand-spun shakes and more at the ballpark. Among the must-try menu items include the SmokeShack: a Shake Shack burger with bacon, cherry peppers and ShackSauce.
• The largest cap wall in the country, topped by a unique cap mosaic, is located at the recently-renovated New Era Phillies Team Store. This new addition is one of the latest innovations in merchandise from New Era – the official cap supplier for Major League Baseball and long-time partner of the Phillies. Other new enhancements include:
• This is the only brick and mortar retailer that offers jerseys for every starting player for the Philadelphia Phillies.
• Updated areas for men’s, women’s and kids’ apparel, with a new look for the 2019 season.
• The newly-named New Era Phillies Team Store continues to be the one-stop shop for everything Phillies – from personalized jerseys, caps and bats, to dedicated player products such as on-field and replica player jerseys, player tees, and caps.
• DKNY SPORT x MLB collaboration for the modern woman: This sport-inspired collection brings DKNY’s signature city-ready sport styles to the ballpark. Co-branded with the Phillies logo, new pieces include the Sneaker Dress, Coach’s Jacket, Cropped Hoodie, and Leggings.
• New in Ashburn Alley: newly-renovated and renamed ’47 Alley Store! Plus, an Instagramable mural.
• The newly-renovated and renamed ’47 Alley Store features extensive lineup apparel and headwear from internationally renowned retailer ’47. Also available: on-field and player name and number apparel, as well as Phanatic plush dolls and other novelty items.
• Phillies fans have a new photo back drop at the ballpark, thanks to a new mural that is perfect for sharing on social media. Created by talented lettering artists from PANDR Design Co., one of which is from the Philadelphia area and a graduate of Temple University, this colorful new mural is Phillies-centric and commemorates the past and present of the organization. This new Phillies mural is located on the Budweiser Rooftop.
• Moms now have a private area for nursing, thanks to a new Mother’s Nursing Room at the ballpark, located on the Main Concourse behind Section 125.
ADDITIONAL NEW FOOD OFFERINGS
• Along with Pass and Stow, Goose Island at the Park, Foundry Pizza and Shake Shack, the Phillies and Aramark have added even more new menu items to the ballpark’s award-winning food lineup.
• Questlove’s Cheesesteak™, founded by Questlove (behind Sections 108 & 120) – Offers the quintessential Philadelphia cheesesteak, made with Impossible 2.0 Meat™, white cheese sauce, signature pepper relish, served on a 9” Amoroso roll. The product is currently being sold nationwide in sports & entertainment venues and restaurants.
• Donut Burger (Boardwalk Eats) – A juicy burger patty served in the middle of a glazed donut, topped with American cheese, crispy Applewood bacon and a spicy cherry pepper jam.
• Cheesy Bacon Topped Tots (P.J. Whelihan’s) – Tater tots, American cheese sauce, bacon, shredded cheddar jack cheese and diced scallions.
• “Better-for-you” options, part of Aramark’s Healthy for Life 20 By 20 initiative, include Vegan Lettuce Wraps (curry cauliflower, fried chickpeas and coconut milk) and Tandoori Chicken Wings (yogurt marinated chicken wings, Kashmiri chili pepper, tamarind and scallions), all located at Harry the K’s Broadcast Bar & Grille.
• Fans can easily locate these new food items and more using the MLB Ballpark app. The MLB Ballpark app is your mobile companion when visiting Citizens Bank Park. Features to personalize the ballpark experience include food and beverage finders, mobile ticketing functionality including mobile entry into the ballpark, check-in offers, rewards and exclusive content.