Congrats to Gotye who's iconic video for 'Somebody That I Used To Know' has reached over 1 billion views! He still has a ways go before he breaks 'Despacito''s record of 4.7 billion views, but still quite impressive.
The interesting thing about this is that Gotye has left an estimated $10 million dollars in YouTube revenue on the table by refusing to allow adds on his YouTube channel. Last year, Gotye told 'New Limited", "I'm not interested in selling my music. That's the the reason I don't put ads on my You Tube channel, which seems strange to people in today's climate, but that is a decision you can make. I'm like that with all my music. Adds are calling for our attention anywhere we turn in the world. If you can do something you care about and other people maybe care about and keep it out of that world that feels like it's all about 'hey buy this stuff' then that's a good thing'.
Here are the most viewed You Tube videos of all time
- Despacito - Lusi Fonzi (4.7 billion views)
- See You Again - Wiz Khalifa ft. Charlie puth (3.34 billion views)
- Gagnam Style - Psy (3.06 billion views)
- Shape Of You - Ed Sheeran (3.06 billion views)
- Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars (2.88 billion views)
- Sorry - Justin Bieber (2.87 billion views)
- Sugar - Maroon 5 (2.5 billion views)
- Shake It Off - Taylor Swift (2.48 billion views)
- Bailando - Enrique Iglesias (2.46 billion views)
- Raor - Katy Perry (2.39 billion views)