LOVE Park (and the world-famous Robert Indiana sculpture) just underwent a big overhaul...and the park is now offering the chance to get married right there on "Wedding Wednesdays."
12 couples per month will have the opportunity to say "I do" in front of the sculpture. It sounds like a very no-nonsense kind of set up (which frankly I love, pun intended.) The best part, the city takes care of all the logistics and all you have to do is reserve your spot (which I'm thinking there will be high demand for, especially considering the limited amount of slots they're offering), show up, and pay the city $50. FIFTY DOLLARS?!?! Most economical wedding ever!
Here are the details from the phila.gov website:
The 30-minute ceremonies take place between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. on two Wednesdays every month.
Here’s what we provide:
- A 20′ x 20′ area in front of the LOVE sculpture reserved for you and your guests
- Ambassadors to greet your guests
- An officiant to conduct the ceremony
- Limited time slots are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Ceremony takes place rain or shine. In the case of rain, umbrellas will be provided for both the bride & groom.
- A reserved area in front of the LOVE sculpture is available to you for 30 minutes.
- Sign up for the next month’s Wedding Wednesday on the first Tuesday of the month, starting at 8 a.m.
To sign up for a Wedding Wednesday ceremony:
- Go to the Register of Wills, Room 413 in City Hall on the first Tuesday of the month. Office opens at 8 a.m. (This date is subject to change due to holidays; please call the Register of Wills at 215-686-2233 to confirm.)
- Register to marry. Make sure to bring the proper fee and documents. Visit the Register of Wills website for more information.
- Request to sign up for the next month’s Wedding Wednesday in LOVE Park.
- If space is available, you will be given a date and a 30-minute time slot.
- Pay the $50 fee online through Fairmount Park Conservancy up to one day before your ceremony, OR bring a money order to the ceremony.
- Arrive 30 minutes in advance of your ceremony.
- Say “I do,” and let us do the rest.